Friday, April 25, 2008

Immersed for the weekend

My wife and I are going on an "Urban Immersion" weekend retreat. This will be the first time we have done a mission/service activity without one of our sons/daughters along. We are going as part of our church's youth group. Interestingly we have an almost equal number of "adults" to "youth". (Not quite Kara Powell's 5:1 ratio for adults to youth but getting there!)



Not sure what to expect. Which is the part I'm most excited about - letting God speak through others instead of speaking through my filters...

Okay...I'm off to be immersed...my hope is that first I'll be immersed in God...and then have the opportunity to be immersed in serving His children - and in the adventure get to know someone else's story a little better!

No comments: