Saturday, July 29, 2006
Summer youth group ponderings.....what if.....
As i think about how I view summer youth group activities the following pops into my head:
* Every one of our kids was invited to breakfast by one of our leaders twice over the summer
* Our leaders went to one sporting event, recital, practice, etc each month
* A phone call was made to just say "hi, how's your summer going" to each of our kids
* Our summer "program" consisted of a mission trip and a camping trip - the rest of the time was left unscheduled
* We made the time to sit down with the parents of our kids over the summer and asked them what their hopes and dreams were for their children - spiritually, relationally, school, career, etc.
How would this effect the spiritual growth of our kids? Would it be different than what we are doing now? Is it either/or......both/and? How would it impact our leaders? More burnout or less?
What is the wise way?