Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Going deep part 2

A few more reflections on how I kept seeing (hearing?) the word "deep" as I read through Philippians.....

(Part 1 is here)

"If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends." Phil 2:1-2

Deep-spirited friends. Love. Life. Community. Spirit. Heart. Care. Agree. Love. Deep-spirited friends. Do I nurture deep-spirited friendships?

"Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God." Phil 2:12

I love this verse as it speaks to living out your salvation here and now - energetically, reverently, and sensitively. Lots to ponder there but it is about living deeply in God.

"Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God." Phil 2:15

Start with just a glimpse. God is so deep, so inviting, so abundant, so full of grace that a life can be changed with just a glimpse. Will I walk across the room and engage in a conversation and provide just a glimpse of the living God?

"I didn't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ—God's righteousness." Phil 3:9

Keeping only rules in my heart......petty, inferior living. Trusting Christ with the depth of my life and relationships......robust, deep righteousness.

"Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him!" Phil 4:4

Celebrate, revel in Him. Live deeply in Him each and every moment of each and every day. Revel in Him and allow him to be revealed more and more deeply.

"Receive and experience the amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, deep, deep within yourselves." Phil 4:23

Allow God to enter in......through the amazing grace of His son Jesus........deep, deep within.

Go deep.

No comments: