Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Kickball dangers I never thought of!


We played kickball this past Sunday at our 2nd annual "bike to Lake Riley from church" event (you can read details about it here). It was a great day - 20 minute bike to the lake, swimming, BBQ hotdogs for lunch, and then the mandatory kickball game.

Sometime during the third inning or so of kickball, I fielded a hot grounder. The ball had skidded across the grass and took a hop that caught me on the side of the face after which I fielded the ball for the last out of the inning.

As both teams were passing one another to change offense/defense, one of the kids in the group looked at me and said, "Hey, Dave! What's that yellowish brown stuff on your face?" I stopped and noticed a strange odor about me which lead me to say, "I think it's dog poop!" That pretty much put a stop to the game - as kids were laughing, looking, pointing, running, giggling - and I made a quick exit to the lake to wash off! Ahh.....the joys of youth ministry!

No comments: