Monday, March 05, 2007

Clearing the temple update #2

Yep - I'm glad to say that I'm still working out and trying to watch what I eat. For a little background you can go here....

I've now lost just a smidge over 30 pounds. My clothes look pretty baggy on me. I'm sleeping better. My longest run has been 8 miles. I'm still generally working out by biking or running 3X/wk and trying to watch my portion size at meals....and cut down on "bad carbs and sugars".

All that being said - a few observations over the last month or so.....
  • Last week was tough. I just came off the 30 hour famine and I'm not sure if that is what put me totally out of whack or not....but I have been grumpy, moody, physically a little shaky, and generally depressed. The last couple of days...and today in particular are MUCH better and I'm glad that week is behind me.
  • I've developed cravings for Girl Scout Cookies.....YIKES!
  • I've never eaten so much broccoli, cucumbers, green beans, lettuce in my life....
  • My family is so supportive it rocks.
  • My running time remains a good spiritual "habit" and good conversation with God but I am recognizing that I need the stillness and silent time with God as much....or more.
  • I really need to put something on the white wall in front of the treadmill - I have memorized every pattern of dots/dirt that are on it....and sometimes I see faces in them. another YIKES! (At least they aren't talking to me...yet)

Again - all in all the adventure of taking better care of my "temple" has resulted in spiritual growth and more quality time with God as the biggest benefit. The fact that I'm physically healthier is really a secondary bonus.

It hasn't been super easy - last week was a real struggle - but persevering through was a "good experience". Thanks to all of you that have been praying me through this adventure!

Now - time to go and buy some new clothes! (Too bad I'm a guy and I really don't have any joy shopping for clothes....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you find yourself grumpy, don't forget that a little vitiman b12 might be what your body is asking for...