Friday, June 09, 2006

Embracing Grace

I just finished reading Scot McKnight's book Embracing Grace. Other than the Bible, it may be the most formative book for me regarding how I look at "the Gospel". It resonated strongly with me - providing insight into many of the questions and frustrations I have had with how I percieve my relationship with God, myself, others and the world.

Having just finished the book it is still simmering. I can hardly wait to read it again. I am not going to try to present it in summary here. But here are some of the phrases that are rolling around in my head.

Eikons of God
A story interuppted
Cracked Eikons
Restoration with God, myself, others, and world
Exclusion vs. embrace
looking, listening, learning, linking
A missional Gospel
Individualism vs. community

Great stuff.....God stuff.....I encourage you to read it, ponder it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: