Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sunday download....

Okay, I admit it. I absolutely love teaching kids, hanging out, nurturing, challenging, and in the process....they do the same for me. A few highlights of our morning and evening gatherings....

SMYG - Last week was "feet"...this week we focused on "hands". We put up pictures of all kinds of hands in the room and on the cross. Some young, old, different races, open, closed, hurt.... Then we talked about how we use our hands and how they can reflect Jesus and engage or push others (and ourselves) away. Then we USED them at "service stations" - made blankets, wrote letters to our Compassion child, and named a specific person and act of service we could perform for them after which we place our handprint on a banner with Gal 5:13 as our "covenant" to follow thru. Seemed to flow well.....and our hands were busy......

Crossroads - Finished our series on Creed Construction. Focused on the Holy Spirit and the church. Then had everyone read a phrase, sentence, paragraph from what they had written - it was so cool. These young people impressed me with their depth of thought and expression of what they believe - it has been a good starting point for them I hope. I bet they can hardly wait to not sit at tables next week and listen to me tho.....

God is good.....

No comments: