Friday, April 13, 2007

Clearing the Temple Update #3

For a little history you can go here and here.

It's been a little over 4 months since I was diagnosed with diabetes.

I've been exercising regulary - primarily running now - averaging about 20 miles a week over the past month.

I've lost about 35#. People are starting to comment on my weight loss - many of them not quite sure if it is good (because of exercise) or bad (may be related to a health problem - especially since our church family has been through that journey together recently....of course now that I think of it...it is related to a health problem!)

A few weeks ago I returned to my doctor for my three month check of my glucose levels and......

I'm officially "non-diabetic" again. Wow.

A few observations:
  • Okay, I admit it....I actually like running now.
  • I thank God for my kids every time I write in the journal they made for me.
  • My body is finally starting to rebel a little...I am old.
  • The spiritual blessings continue to exceed the physical. The conversations I have with God during my running....or just the "silence" are precious.
  • I love running outside more than on the treadmill.
  • I have to be careful not to become "prideful" in this experience and remember it was God that slapped me around to finally get me started on taking care of the temple He has provided for me.

God is good....and I'm a running nerd.

No comments: